Refinery Senior Staffs Take PMN’s Simulator Training
A petroleum industry client asked us to train more than 50 executives located at sites in Texas, the Dakotas, on the West Coast and Alaska. Our team hit the road using our pop-up studio gear and took executives at each of the client’s sites through full day media training and crisis event simulations. Over the course of four months, we visited six sites, trained the senior teams at each location using our predictive media interview model and worked the teams through more than a dozen interview scenarios unique to each location.
Translating Technical Talk into Viewer-Friendly Language
A high profile healthcare organization client wanted to get their doctors in front of the media on a regular basis, fighting against the competition for media spots that pop up quickly and are challenging for doctors to accommodate around patients. Many of these physicians were reluctant to speak to the media and were looking for help to ease nervousness, as well as find the key messages to relay in a simple and warm way.
When the need arose to not only train doctors at one metro area, but several of their hospitals across Texas, the Predictive Media Network team traveled to various cities and offered customized media training using our pop-up studio set. Because our curriculum emphasizes on camera practice, the doctors quickly learned what to expect and how to stay in control of an interview, and how to share their carefully crafted sound bites in a way viewers can understand.
Today, the doctors in this major Texas hospital system are poised, confident, and willing to engage with the media when opportunities arise. This has led to dozens of successful media appearances and dramatically improved awareness of the organization’s services in the community.
Police Agency’s 60 PIO’s over Two Days
A law enforcement agency in the Midwest faced the challenge of training more than 60 public information officers (PIOs). The PIO’s had various levels of expertise in front of the camera, ranging from zero past media experience to seasoned officers who interact frequently with reporters.
Our team used our step-by-step Predictive Media Interviewing model along with a number of law enforcement interview examples and case studies we had researched and captured for the session to train the group of 60 PIOs in less than two days. In that time, we emphasized message and sound bite development, on camera practice, video playback, and even role played for specific scenarios such as emergency responses, violent protests and officer-involved shootings. By the end the training, every PIO walked away with the ability to more effectively prepare for interviews and take control of the messaging.
50 Food Experts Trained in a Single Day
An international food and grocery client we’ve worked with for many years has come to depend on earned media as a key PR strategy at its more than 350 stores. The Predictive Media Network team recently supported this by organizing and training 50 certified cheese professionals in a single day. The primary focus was online blog segments, live TV spots and demonstration segments. The cheese experts knew their product, but needed help to make the most out of earned media segments.
Five Predictive Media trainers converged on the gathering to educate team members on how to position themselves as experts and give each cheese monger two rounds of on-camera practice doing mock interviews. Our trainer team also provided individual critique so each expert could understand key techniques such as how to respond to curveball and “gotcha” questions, which can come even in friendly interviews.
We Can Help If…
- Your organization needs help mastering media interview opportunities, from smartphones to press conferences and everything in between.
- You believe in the power of media training to differentiate your company and create connections with your clients and customers.
- You want your spokespeople to stand out in a highly competitive market.
- You want to effectively train from one to 50 participants using a proven and trusted media-training curriculum.
- You want your media opportunities to generate leads and positive public sentiment.
- You want to form a trusted alliance, utilizing ongoing media training for both on-boarding and future initiatives.
- You work in an industry, such as Healthcare, Food/Grocers, Energy or Legal, with inherent risk factors or regular media facing opportunities.
- You want to give your spokespeople increased confidence and reduce risk to your brand by engaging with the media prior to a crisis situation.